Articles By Friends
Some fun memories.
This is a web site featuring the original factory brochures for nearly every American car you have ever owned.
Pick the manufacturer, the year and the model.
Selecting Online Parts to Trick Out Your Hot Ride
By: Gina Smith
Prepping your wheels for an auto show? Looking to supe up your ride? Got an antique car you’re just itching to restore? While working on your vehicle is fun and rewarding, finding the right parts at reasonable prices isn’t so exciting. Whether you are looking for a performance enhancing intake, exhaust or fuel system, body parts, brakes, suspension / chassis, tires or are just simply fixing a burned out light, searching junkyards, catalogs and retailers for the best parts can be time consuming and frustrating.
Thankfully, in today’s digital age, you can find quality, affordable parts from the comfort of your computer. But, a lot of people are still wary of buying online. Here are some tips to help you find a reliable online parts dealer:
1. Check the policy of the online company you are using before ordering. Read the fine print. Make sure the company offers some form of money back guarantee if you are not satisfied.
2. Look for price match guarantees. Some online retailers will match competitor’s pricing.
3. Sign up e-mail discount offers. You never know what specials may hit your inbox!
4. Be sure you understand the shipping policy. The cost of shipping a heavy item often becomes and important factor in your source selection.
5. How fast will your order ship? Typically, look for a company which ships within 48-72 hours.
6. Does the company offer officially licensed manufacturer parts?
One online supplier becoming a popular source for even difficult to find parts is Eckler’s. Their Ecklers Chevelle website offers only Officially Licensed Chevelle Restoration Parts. You definitely want to make sure the manufacturers themselves license any parts you buy. You can find similar online resources for just about every auto make and model.
Making the decision to order online is a big step. But, with a little bit of research, you can find a reliable online source to spruce up or trick out your hot ride!
Gina Smith writes freelance articles for magazines, online outlets and publications. Smith covers the latest topics in the automotive, golf, tourism, technology and entertainment industries.